Friday, December 2, 2011

Write for Wiley


I am retained by John Wiley & Sons to find suitable authors for professional reference books, to work with the authors in a management role during the writing process and then my production division performs all pre-press work and delivers printer-ready files. Fees for these services are paid by the publisher. There is no charge to you.
I am not seeking specific titles, but I am seeking authors in selected fields, such as yours. As you are the expert, I would ask you to provide a concept for a book that you feel is needed. The intended audience will range from students to practicing professionals at various levels of their careers.
Authors are paid royalties from the publisher on book sales twice a year. Publishing agreements are between authors and the publisher.
I will work with you in preparing a proposal for the sale of your book idea. Once the proposal is submitted, Wiley will take over with the evaluation and approval process.
Authors are normally given up to one year to prepare a manuscript. The books generally contain 300 to 350 pages. Illustrations, such as tables, drawings, charts, and such, account for many of the pages.
I will be happy to address any questions you have with regards to this proposition.
Thank you.
R. Dodge Woodson



No comments:

Post a Comment