Saturday, December 3, 2011

Online Writing Services


Online Writing Services

A number of people have asked me about online writing services, such as Elance® and Guru.com®. There are a number of such services out there. Since I had no experience with them, I joined some of the services as a test.
At the end of the experiment, I found that Elance® was my favorite. However, the pay for the time invested is pitiful for a professional writer. It is a good place to get started, but good luck paying the mortgage with what you make from the assignments.
Guru.com® seemed about the same to me. It is a toss-up in my mind which is best, but I can say that these two beat out the others that I tried.
To make any serious money on these sites you are going to need toothpicks to keep your eyelids open and you will have bloody fingers from typing so many words. There is money to be made there, and it depends on your goal how valuable they are. If you are a serious hobbyist and can be happy with a few hundred dollars a month, they may be for you. But, if you are trying to make a decent living from your writing, I think it will be an uphill battle. 

Dodge

No comments:

Post a Comment